Thursday, October 22, 2009

Barren Winter

I'm excited to finally have a good picture of something I did. This one was small enough to scan, so it looks much better than all the others that I took pictures of with my camera. Anyway, back to my painting:


Barren Winter
I used greys, blues, and whites to create an impressionism-inspired winter scene. I think the the black, leaf-less limbs create a sense of the lifelessness of winter, but aren't necessarily ominous. This is a winterized sister painting to "Forever Fall."

This is 2-- 4"x12" acrylic on canvas paintings. The paint is carried around the sides so that it may be hung directly on the wall.

Ready for winter??

1 comment:

  1. This piece is great. I love the background of blues, greys, and whites. I love the way the barren tree captures winter's feel. It is also a serene piece which I love.

    ReplyDelete