Thursday, October 22, 2009

Caffeine Addiction

Anyone want to guess what this is? Yes, I'm an uber nerdy scientist who got a kick out of painting her favorite molecule--Caffeine! This was the result of a long day at work which required lots of coffee. At the end of the day, when I should have crashed, I couldn't sleep due to the lingering caffeine. In such caffeine-induced insomnia cases, I frequently like to paint. And I decided to honor the little creature that caused my creativity.


This is a ball and stick model of Caffeine. (Yes, I got the molecular structure correct.) There is a lot of shading and texture on both the atoms and the background. I'm thinking about painting more molecules. I think they would make great gifts for scientists or engineers.

This is a 10"x10" acrylic on canvas painting. It is signed by the artist, and the paint is carried around the edges so that it may be hung directly on the wall.

Does anyone have a favorite molecule or suggestions for future chemistry paintings??

No comments:

Post a Comment