Sunday, October 11, 2009

Forever Fall


It's no secret that fall is my favorite season! And as such, I decided to get into the fall spirit with a fall-inspired painting.



I used bright oranges, reds and yellows to paint a brilliant fall sky silhouetting a tree which has lost its leaves. Ordinarily, I think a tree like this would look pretty ominous, but I think the cat sitting next to it and the birds in the sky, create a serene picture.

This painting is a 12"x16" acrylic on canvas, featuring texture and brush strokes on the tree. The paint is carried around the edge of the painting so that it can be hung directly on a wall, and is signed by the artist.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites. I love the halloween colors and the fall look. The oranges and yellows really make it pop. I think that its is a very serene piece. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete