Monday, October 19, 2009

Peacock

I thought I'd go with a descriptive title this time--"Peacock".

As you can see, I started with earth tones for the background. I was going for a rocky or clay look. The peacock is much more vivid in color, and there is brush detail that is hard to see due to the low quality of the picture. Overall, I’m really pleased with how this one turned out. I’ve wanted to paint a peacock for a while–the peacock has significance in my family. Painting this meant a lot to me, and I’m so happy it turned out so well! I’ve never painted a bird before–now that I think about it, I’ve never painted an animal other than fish before. Usually, I’m more of a landscape girl. Regardless, I'm pleased--I hope you like it too!

This painting is a 16"x20" acrylic on canvas panel (to easily accomodate a frame). It is signed by the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment